Outotec supplies large smelting plant to Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabian company Cristal is the second largest producer of ilmenite in the world. Cristal constructed a large ilmenite smelting plant in south-western Saudi Arabia, which Outotec supplied on an EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) basis. Outotec is the world’s leading supplier of technology for refining minerals and metals. Comatec’s role in the project was concerned with procurement of equipment, sourcing around 25 per cent of all equipment for the project and ensuring that everything complied with all necessary requirements.
- The construction of a large ilmenite smelting plant in Saudi Arabia
- Ensuring that the smelting plant structure is able to withstand earthquakes
- Ensuring that the project is carried out according to plan and to a high standard
- The project was completed on schedule
- Ensured that the technical specifications were met and specification requirements fulfilled
- All equipment supplies were carried out right the first time
- The right kind of project execution helped prevent extra costs caused by additional repair work or delays, so that it was possible to determine the overall costs in advance
"”Outotec has worked together with Comatec on many occasions in the past. Once again, co-operation went very well.”, Petri Jokinen, Outotec"