Comatec has in-depth expertise in technology for mobile machinery. We design all the elements of mobile machinery, such as the steel structures, transmission, actuators, hydraulics, cabins and electrical systems.
A high level of knowhow, expertise and flexibility ensure that our clients obtain the best possible solutions. Many leading companies in their sector rely on us, such as Kalmar, Metso Minerals, Sandvik Mining and Construction, John Deere Forestry and Patria. The mobile machinery and special vehicles we design operate in extremely tough conditions, anywhere from the hot sands of the desert to the freezing cold and ice of the north.
We offer expert design and consulting services for the entire life cycle of mobile machinery. We also offer our clients new high quality modelling technology that we are continuously developing, utilising simulation and virtual modelling We have developed our latest services in particular for the initial phases in the life cycle, and they are related to modelling, simulation, motion control and hydraulics. We utilise a wide range of design software, and the projects are carried out by highly skilled experts using the most advanced tools.
Our in-depth expertise in mechanical design links in seamlessly with automation and control technology. We design electrical and control systems for mobile machinery, including the hydraulics, electric drives and diesel motors. For control systems we design screens (HMI), programmable logic, buses such as CAN and Ethernet, and peripherals. We also design remote use and testing equipment for production. We look after the ordering of products, control of production, subcontracting, testing and commissioning. In our design work we pay particular attention to modularity, usability and ease of maintenance.
Some examples of our services for mobile machinery:
- Product development, concepts and new applications
- Product upgrades and modernisation
- Alternative implementation models, competitive tendering and comparison of equipment suppliers
- System design: components, specifications and architecture
- Electrical design: circuit diagrams, wiring harnesses, production drawings, installation instructions
- Programming: high quality documentation, full rights to source code
- Safety, standards and directives
- Commissioning, testing and documentation