Sweden is the latest member of the international Comatec family. The first office of Comatec Sweden Ab was founded 2022 when Anders Rohdin as the company’s CEO started up the local business and Comatec branch in Gothenburg, Sweden.
– Currently we are seven employees in Sweden and growing steadily. Comatec Sweden’s main focus initially is the very busy automotive sector in Gothenburg where a quick transformation to electric and autonomous vehicles are ongoing. For example Volvo Cars, Volvo Trucks and Volvo Bus are our customers, says Anders.
At the moment one of the consultants is working in a work package, related to HVAC and software and the others are involved in longer assignments on customer sites. The assignments are related to manufacturing engineering, logistics engineering and product development for E-mob trucks.
– Since we are still in a startup phase, we focus on the big automotive companies in Gothenburg area and engineering services within a wide array of R&D, manufacturing and logistics engineering, says Anders.
The Comatec Sweden’s office is currently located in a newly built Office Hotel in central Gothenburg. It´s a modern work and meeting place and easy to expand when the needs change and company grows. The location is close to the central station for easy visit and the new bridge connecting main land to Hisingen island where all the Automotive companies in focus such as Volvo Cars, Volvo Trucks & Bus and Polestar are located.
– In general our strength and interest are in the electrified transport and construction machinery sectors. There are many technology customers in Sweden for whom Comatec’s offering and extensive know-how are useful. Also many of Comatec’s Finnish current customers are Swedish companies so we have great synergies between the two countries.
– So far I have had a good introduction to the Polish and Romanian offices as well and hope to find synergies in the future for work packages that can be a joint effort and deliveries to customers.
The Swedish team is fairly new, but they already have a good drive going on.
– Early June we had our first Swedish team activity and I took the team on a boat trip in the archipelago to go island hopping enjoying some good food and drinks. It was great to get to know each other better out of the office.
– We have a great bunch of professionals here, who are eager to learn and take responsibility as well as sharing the vision of future growth.