Digital Solution for scaffolding inspection.
Cronos offers a variety of monitoring and security services for the safety of construction sites and equipment. The idea of utilising digitalisation as part of developing workplace safety awakened while HSE monitoring services for construction sites were being developed. Microteam Oy, a member of Comatec Group, was selected as a partner for the development of a new device.
- Changing the scaffolding inspection of the worksite to a digital device.
- Betterment of site safety through better monitoring and control of scaffolds.
What was done:
Deliver of the digital scaffolding card system with its devices as a turnkey package. The implementation included mechanical, electronics and production design, as well as a mobile application, browser interface and cloud service.
- Improves occupational safety by removing chances of malpractice.
- Work monitoring becomes more efficient, and all actions relating to occupational safety and invoicing leave a trace in the real-time system.
- Responsibility issues are unambiguous, because the identities of the perpetrators and the timing of events are stored in one verified system.
- The system facilitates communication between different parties.
- For companies renting out scaffolding, there are new business opportunities.
- Losses are reduced as the location of the scaffolding is known.
“The cooperation with Microteam has been very pleasant, and it’s been great to build a unique product with them. The system is easily transformed to almost anything." – Jarkko Tiihonen, Cronos.