The experience of Comatec’s installation supervisors was highly valued in the arctic circle
The Boliden mining company is one of Europe’s leading mining and smelting companies. Its primary products are copper and zinc. Boliden invested around 600 million euros into the Aitik mine near the town of Gällivare in northern Sweden. The new facility enabled production at the mine to grow from around 18 million tonnes per year to 36 million tonnes per year.
- To double the capacity of the Aitik mine using crusher mills supplied by Metso Minerals
- The order comprised two 11.6 x 13.7 metre autogenous grinder mills and two pebble mills as well as planning, installation and commissioning services
- Comatec supervised the entire installation process for the Metso Minerals grinder mills, which comprised a diverse, multi-national network of suppliers and partners
- The project remained on schedule despite the demanding conditions
- The experience Comatec’s engineers have of demanding installation projects ensured that the client’s interests were best served in negotiations and contracts